Monday, March 25, 2013

Differentiation

Differentiation, to my understanding is simply providing instruction in a variety of ways to meet the needs of a variety of learners. I really didn't know what differentiation in the classroom was until this semester but after learning what it was I realized how much it is used in teaching. Thinking back, I didn't see differentiation in my classrooms until about high school.

Technology plays a major role in differentiation. I think that technology makes it a lot easier for teachers to differentiate their lessons. For example, with inventions like the power point and many others teachers are able to easily educate their students, however their learning styles may be.  Technology has also helped teachers find out what kind of learning styles their students have.


5 comments:

  1. I liked this post, particularly the little cartoon dude. I like that the chart is evenly organized and student centered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a gramatical error

    "Differentiation to my understanding is..." needs commas

    "Differentiation, to my understanding, is..."

    Also, I feel that the pictures could have been more relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little lost on the last paragraph. Maybe that's because I don't have a very good understanding of differentiation where you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your pictures! They are great for this post, and powerpoint is great for students who are visual learners and see the notes right in front of them but there are many other different types of technology that are great for differentiation as well that I feel like could have been noted in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surprised that you said you don't remember seeing differentiation until high school. I would think it would be different, possibly you didn't recognize it as a younger student, but in high school you paid more attention to what was done differently around you. I think that every lesson I have observed in a classroom has had differentiation in it thus far. I never write a lesson without differentiation in it.

    ReplyDelete