Thursday, January 31, 2013

All About John Huey

My brother and I
Hello! My name is John Taylor Huey. I was born on April 20,1994. I am currently studying Secondary Education with a focus on English. I started thinking about becoming a teacher in 11th grade. I had two teachers that inspired me to become a teacher.

I believe that technology helps improve the quality of learning. Technology has helped students learn in many ways. They can check facts and look up things they don't know on search engines. Students can now just go on their computers instead of looking in a library for a book about a subject.

I feel that technology in teaching is a great thing. Teachers now can use technology to help their students get a better understanding of what they are to learn. Powerpoints are a great way to teach because they give the students a visual aid as the teacher lectures on the subject.

Overall, I think technology has helped a lot with both learning and teaching. My believe about teaching is that it prepares students to become functioning adults when they enter college and move on to get their job.

9 comments:

  1. I agree on your thoughts with technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you were inspired so young to become a teacher. Good teachers have that affect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I agree that this blog was short, you made fantastic use of the given room and even included a few extra links, thus going above and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thoughts on teaching are spot on. I like the video you added about iPads too. I'm a pretty big fan of Apple products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too want to be an english teacher. I started really wanting to be an english teacher in the 11 grade too. I want to be a wrestling coach as well. The video of the ipad in the classroom was very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that we are both education majors! I also believe that using technology in the classroom is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely agree with your thoughts on using technology in the classroom. I do believe that PowerPoint has become a bit outdated. It is a tool still used in classrooms every day, but there are different websites like Prezi that is a spiced up version of PowerPoint. You can also incorporate Youtube and vlogs (video blogs) to get a point across. Like we have learned in class, twitter can be a great tool in getting information across.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Digital Citizen Prezi was good overall. A few things could be improved but still pretty good!

    ReplyDelete